Isi Blog

Monday, April 27, 2015

My Time!: My Comic book Collections

Hi Guys (and Girls also), I am so bored to practice my writing for IELTS exam. You know that for writing section in IELTS, we must take two task: the first is for describe something, and the last is for make opinions about some subjects. I got tired doing same exercise everyday. So right now I decided to write about free topic, and it is about my comic book collections. 


Everyone have their own childhood. Mine is filled with comic books and games. Somethings that I read and play until now. I am a die hard Doraemon fan. I have been collecting Doraemon comic books from when I was in kindergarten (wow, that quite long time right?). My first comic book is "Nobita and the castle of undersea devil". When I first got that book, I still can't read, but I already could enjoy the funny picture of Nobita and Doraemon. Wanted to experience whole excitement of the comic, I study harder. That is why I formed strong bond with Doraemon until now, and because of the bond, I refused to watch Doraemon's "parting" movie: Stand By Me. Come on, that movie is just one part of the comic book with the title: Good Bye Doraemon in volume 6, and at the first part in volume 7, Fujiko sensei reboot the story with "Lie 007" when Doraemon finally came back to Nobita. Okay back to the topic. I still have many Doraemon comics, even though most of it are in the bad condition. This is what I always regret, why I don't understand sooner about the importance of properly caring your stuff. I still read them on regular basis and I still get the feel every time I read, damn! I always enjoyed how careless Nobita act, the cockiness of Suneo, The strong friendship Giant always shows when the times come, the beauty of Shizuka, and various magical items that Doraemon has.



besides Doraemon, I also collect numerous titles like Yu-Gi-Oh, Rave, and Kariage Kun. in the recent times, I also read Gensosuikoden III and some Indonesian comics like Grey & Jingga, Tuti, and Wook Wook. I like adventurous story, but also enjoy light romantic story, that is why I deliberately read Grey & Jingga. Now we are talking about Indonesian comic. I think they shine in different way than Japanese comic. As far as I know, they don't have inferior storyline and the drawing is quite good. Don't get me wrong, every artist has their own style, and whether it is good or bad is a matter of preference, it is subjective. My favorite Indonesian comic artist is Sweta Kartika, the creator of Grey & Jingga, Nusantaranger, and "silat" comics that I haven't read (visit ragasukma for more information). He can deliver the story with elegant way, simple but not boring. When Sweta draw Nusantaranger and his silat comics, he can make great fighting atmosphere, simply genius. I hope Sweta and other Indonesian comic artist can be appreciated in their own country. It will be a shame if talented artists like them stopped to create because they cannot make money from their arts.

That is all I want to say right now, thank you all of you who have visited my blog, I hope all of you have a great day :)
See you again folks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment